The Extra Special Sunset

The Sunset View from the Dalai Lama Temple, Dharamsala

Generally I’m a sunset girl, in fact I love everything that makes the sky beautiful from sunrises to clear blue skies to cirrocumulus clouds. But this sunset is particularly special, happened the evening before visiting H.H the Dalai Lama. A very very special moment for me, a dream come true indeed. 


I have considered H.H my root guru ever since I have known anything about a Lama, the Guru I worshiped/prayed to, in-fact I saw/see a living god in him. I am a huge fan of his talks, books, life philosophies, his non violence journey and more. It has always been my dream/wish to visit him and see him in person one day. 

It would be unfair to bluntly state that Dharamsala is the most beautiful city I ever visited because there were some equally beautiful cities. But to say the city is a very different one from the rest would do justice. I felt a different level of calmness and peace. The city simply is all about love, compassion, kindness, authenticity and simplicity.

Speaking of simplicity, the Dalai Lama temple is the simplest temple I ever visited my entire life. What I imagined was a big beautiful temple with plenty of huge gold statues but in contrary, nothing of my imagination actually matched. 

So simple, yet so divine, one of the most sacred places I ever visited🙏

Blessed for a Lifetime and Beyond. Long Live Your Holiness. 

Popular posts from this blog

108-Kora (circumambulation) of Dra Karpo Lhakhang in Paro, Bhutan

Trip to Iseltwald, Lake Brienz & Lake Thun, Interlaken and Sigriswil 🇨🇭

Visit to Five Tsheringma Lhakhangs in Paro, Bhutan