My 2014 in a nutshell ~ _ ~

It is the last day of 2014,only 2 hrs to 2015. As I look back, to take a glimpse of my 2014, I must say it has been an awesome year for me in terms of personal development, professional growth and learning. The saddest moment of my 2014 was the demise of my beloved grandfather, who made his journey to the heavenly abode on October 9, 2014.

A Glimpse of my 2014 month wise:

January:

The year started with New Year Celebrations with friends and family with prayers for a wonderful and a healthy year and thanking god for an equally exciting 2013. I let go of my past and celebrated for a new beginning. I started writing and maintaining a blog, ‘Let’s Grow Together’, I kind of feel accomplished. We experienced the first snowfall of the year on January 11. Had an amazing time :) Went home for vacation and spent quality time with my Dearest parents and grannies.

Family, Friends, Celebrations ~~ So, January, 2014 basically was a merriment month for me.

 February:

February was the Travel Month :) Half the month, I was traveling, visited 8 Districts in the country. It was an official visit. In addition to professional learning, I had an awesome time taking walks alone, visiting countryside, taking pictures (advancing my photography skills :P), living alone, eating what is being cooked, meeting new people, reviewing myself. It was indeed a Refreshing and a Learning month for me!

March:

Spent the Chinese New Year with family. Had an awesome time with my favorite people, Family time again ;) Bought them nice gifts :). March 15 is one of my favorite person’s Birthday. Had a Birthday blast. Apart from celebrations, office was quite hectic. I participated in numbers of office events, prepared and appeared for a Mathematics examination, a mandate for applying for a scholarship (lived a student life partly again), a close friend’s dad expired, met few new people, some of whom has now become a special part of my life :). With so many things happening, March was an experiencing month.

April:

My Grandfather was sick, quite seriously this time. April was a sad month; I remained worried most of the time. The state of my mind was emotional and I had disturbing thoughts. I visited number of temples, offered prayers and butter lamps. April, I would say was a gloomy month.

May:

Travel on my cards again: P I had an opportunity to visit a new place, Manila in the Philippines. The trip was amazing, good bunch of friends, new place, sightseeing, good food and best of all, SHOPPING. I again had to travel to Kolkata, India for 10 days, the same month. Apart from sightseeing, movies, good food, the best part of it was SHOPPING again ;) SHOPPING month, May was for me :)

June:

The first few days of the month, I was sick. I caught some flu while in Kolkata and it became worst when I was back home.  But this is not important; the more important event was my awesome siblings’ birthday. Both of their birthdays fall in June. This year was more special, because we celebrated their days (June 29 and June 30) with Family at Home. Time for vacation again :)

July:

I visited my grandfather. He looked healthier, I felt good. Helped dad and mom with the paddy transplantation, I felt so proud. Apart from that, we shifted to a bigger apartment. July was a super hectic month for me, I was terribly busy. Work almost made me mad :(. Half dead, I was the entire month :P

August:

August was just an another month. Work, meetings, get-togethers, movies, dramas, books, wine :) to sum up. An interesting part of the month was, I spent most of my time learning song lyrics and singing along, early in the mornings, late at nights, at noon :) (Thanks to the Lyrics Grabber) Weird me, I know!

September:

Travel again, visited four more districts in the country. This time, it was quite hectic with never ending presentations, reports, tiring rides, heated discussions :(, misuse of office funds, etc. I learnt serious life lessons. My result for the mathematics test was out and I didn’t score enough marks to get selected for the scholarship. I was sad for some time, but I already had so many reasons to be happy about. So, I kicked sadness and cuddled happiness. Life, it is again ^ - ^.

October:

This month was the saddest month of 2014. My beloved grandpa passed away on October 9, a day after I turned 28. We were busy with the rituals the entire month. The same month on the 3rd day, I had received my grandpa’s last blessings. I shall always cherish these blessings for life time.

November:

I spent the month mostly visiting temples in and outside Thimphu offering prayers for my beloved grandfather. Office works were hectic, had boss issues, hated my job for a while, forgave my boss and loved my job again!!

December:

A month for get-togethers, Friends and families came for vacation and every weekend I had an appointment. Feels good to know there are many people whom I love and who loves me back. As I bid farewell to 2014, I am grateful to god for everything, all ups and downs, it was necessary for my growth.


 ^ ^ our eve special ;)
As we celebrate the New Year’s Eve, we wish and pray for a wonderful year with new hopes and dreams :)



Popular posts from this blog

108-Kora (circumambulation) of Dra Karpo Lhakhang in Paro, Bhutan

Trip to Iseltwald, Lake Brienz & Lake Thun, Interlaken and Sigriswil 🇨🇭

Visit to Five Tsheringma Lhakhangs in Paro, Bhutan