My Forty Before Forty is here finally!

Can't believe it's already time to make my 40 before 40. Phew, definitely feeling so old (Laughing Out Really Loud with Teary Eyes 🥹 ). Nevertheless, feeling much wiser, much positive and better in all ways, much stronger, much happier and content. Many things happened, many things have changed,  I am certainly not the person I used to be. I am more calm, more matured, more learned and much kinder. I don't have any wrinkles yet, my face doesn't show any signs of aging, I feel happy, I feel grateful.  More importantly, I realize nothing is for free, you have to earn everything and the charm of earning it is incredible. From simple things like money, vacation to bigger ones like respect, change and love, everything requires your hard work, determination and positive energy. As I turned 30 this October, I believe I have the potential to be more better, make differences and raise higher. Ok then, my 40 before 40 is here:

I. Self Awareness/Development and Growth:

1. Be an Active Blogger. Publish at least an article every month (more on personal development and growth) making it 120 articles eh?
(Failed miserably here in 2017 :( - gonna work harder)
2018: Did Well :)
2019 and 2020 - Got busy with life (but not gonna make any excuse any more :P)
2021 - Six articles 
2022 - Phew the year is almost coming to an end :( 

2. Make Self Care a Priority (taking care of my own inner development and growth, physical health, fitness, beauty, habits, everything that makes a difference to me). Improve my Eye Sight - YESSS! (Joined gym - August 2022 :))

3. Develop a regular, serious Meditation and Yoga habits; Pray Every day; YESSS!  (Updated Dec 2022 - Gott to restart working on it again :(                                 
Go on a Meditation Retreat.

4. Read and Buy a lot of Books, at least a book every month like always. That would make 120 books in 10 years?

2016 - 2
2017 - 10
2018 - 16
2019 - 24
2020 - 5
2021 - 5
2022 - 5

5. Visit or see H.H the Dalai Lama in real. (The only person I dreamt of seeing in person since a child) YES YES YES, that magical moment. (November 2, 2018 at The Dalai Lama Temple, Dharamsala, India)

6. Start a Recurring Deposit (in other words start saving a little (Laughs)) YESSS!

7. Stay Positive in all situations. Complain lesser about everything. Practice Gratitude. YESSS!

8. Visit a New Place you have not been to, every year.

2016:
    1. November:  Chimi Lhakhang, Punakha (Was on my 'place to visit' list :))

2017:
    1. February: Darjeeling and Sikkim, India
    2. April - June: 10 new gewogs :)  and Bukay Dham in Samtse 
    3. June: Pedong Goempa, Kalimpong
    4. September - Yogyakarta, Indonesia (Work Travel)

2018:
  1. January: Lumbini and Halesi Mahadev in Nepal :)
  2. Cooch Behar Palace in India
  3. Astana, Kazakhstan (Work Travel)
  4. Dhaka, Bangladesh (Work Travel)
  5. Jaipur, Agra, Himachal Pradesh (Bir, Kullu, Tashijong, Rewalsar, Manikaran, Dharamsala) in               India
 6. Tachog Lhakhang, Tsheringma Lhakhangs in Paro

2019:
1. Gaya, Bodhgaya, Dunsgeshwari cave, Rajgir, Varanasi & Kushinagar - India
2. Tandin Nye and Talakha Goemba in Thimphu; Punakha Dzong and Talo Lhakhang in Punakha; Tharpaling in Bumthang
3. Chandragiri Hills & Parphing in Nepal
4. Rome and Venice in Italy
5. Vatican City
6. Paris Yay!

2020:
So many beautiful places in Switzerland: Interlaken, Lucerne, Sigriswil, Mount Rigi, Rheinfall, Iseltwald, Spiez, Gstaad, Saint Cergue.

2021: Lungchutse/Pumola/Phajoding in Thimphu; Goentsephu/ Hoka Tsho in Punakha 

2022: Lauenen/Glacier 3000/Gruyere in Switzerland; Phuket

9. Write and Publish a Book. Working on it :)

10. Ride a Horse/a Camel just for a short time (not tire the poor soul though). I am striking this off because the more I think about it, the more cruel I find it. Why, have fun in the expense of someone's pain. Instead, Why not have a Tattoo or Donate Blood or run a Marathon? Yes :)

11. Buy and Drive a SUV: I always loved big cars (LOL) YESSS 2017 :)

    12. Plan a Holiday Destination to Venice, Bali or anywhere nice/silent/romantic and surrounded by water.

      13.  Find or be in a Job where I am truly happy and enjoy myself - Really Happy and Grateful for where I am right now :) - Updated Nov, 2019; Still happy - 03/01/21; Hmmm 🤔, Confused (Dec 2022)

      14. Find a Lone Time once in a well and spend it well. YESSS I do this often.

    15. Spend lesser time on Social Media (No phone in bed, while eating, during gatherings, while talking, in public, etc.) Working on it :)
   
      16.  Work on my bad Temper and overly Sensitive nature; Cry less. - Much better now :)

      17.  Don't talk about anyone about anything, behind their back. YES getting better every day :)

      18.  Don't Judge People. YES getting better every day :)
    
      19. Work hard, stay Determined and Focused. Working on it :)

      20. Stop Procrastination and work on Time Management. Working on it :)

      21. Pursue Poetry: I realized lately, I am quite Poetic too :P Working on it :) - Take it seriously! (Updated Dec 2022)

      22. Be a Morning Person. Working on it :(

      23. Keep every Mondays Meat/Alcohol/Tobacco/Egg free. I am a vegetarian now, don't have to worry about it anymore. :)
   
      24. Learn Swimming finally. Play more Water Sports.
   
     25.  Create my dream home (a Vast Collection of Good Books, Beautiful decorative pieces, plenty of flowers and indoor plants, Exotic Furniture, Best TV Set and Music System, Best Home Appliances, etc etc.. :-P)
   
      26. Live life every day, savor every seconds. Live and Let Live :) - YES getting better every day :)

II. For Family, Friends, Loved ones:

27. Take Family for a Trip outside Bhutan :) YESSS (My dream Trip) Nepal Trip - Jan, 2018 ; Cooch Behar - Feb 2018 (this one was a mini break but we had a great time together); February 2019 - Trip to places in India  (Gaya, Bodhgaya, Rajgir, Varanasi, Kushinagar)

28. Buy good gifts, show love & appreciation, visit and spend time with Family and close friends more often. YES, doing it whenever I can :)

 29. Celebrate every loved ones birthday with love. Surprise them and make their day memorable. YES, doing it whenever I can :)

30. Be there for Loved Ones when they are in need of you. Pray for them, Wish good for them, Think well of them. Support, Help and Guide them with all your heart. YES, doing it whenever I can :)

III. In Pursuit of being a Good/Better Being:

      31. Volunteer and donate for Good Causes and Make a Difference in someone's life; Get gifts for unknown little kids and make them happy. (without any expectations)   YESSS :)

      32. Buy School Uniforms/essentials for 50 needy Students. Bought 7 school bags for the kids :) - 2018 ; 20 Stationeries/ Lunch Boxes - 2019; Bought 5 school bags for the kids - 2022 

      33. Buy Food for 50 hungry People - Twenty - Five done :) (Updated Dec 2022)

      34. Be polite with everyone every day, Help and Support people as much as possible. YES, doing it whenever I can :)

      35. Do an act of Kindness every day without expecting anything in return. YES, doing it whenever I can :)
   
     36. Visit a Monastery every month and pray for all sentient beings :) I love the idea of 108 koras lately (want to do 108 koras of as many monasteries as possible - added on Dec 1, 2017 ) - 14 completed as of December 2021)
      
   
IV. Into Nature

37. Go on a Trekking/Hiking/Camping. 

2016:
1. Camping, Zomlingthang, Punakha 

Phobjikha, Bumdra and many mini hikes )
Hoka tsho; Pumola; Phajoding, Lungchutse and many mini hikes :)

38. Buy a DSLR camera and Pursue my interest in Photography. YES, Yay! my sister gifted me a D3400 Nikon DSLR. I know, I am blessed :) 

39. Sleep under the stars.

2016: 1. Slept under the stars; watching and counting them in Zomlingthang, Punakha and Bumdra, Paro

40. Get closer and deeper into the heart of nature: Love, Appreciate and Spend more time with nature.
Doing it every day. And I super love it :)


Popular posts from this blog

108-Kora (circumambulation) of Dra Karpo Lhakhang in Paro, Bhutan

Trip to Iseltwald, Lake Brienz & Lake Thun, Interlaken and Sigriswil 🇨🇭

Visit to Five Tsheringma Lhakhangs in Paro, Bhutan